Weekly Fasting Schedule
21 Days of Fasting 2013 Booklet
The Daniel Fast is a method of fasting that men, women and young people all over the world have used for years as they enter into a season of spiritual discipline, prayer and fasting. We are asking our members at Miracle Temple to do a modified 21-day Daniel Fast by eating completely raw foods for 21 days, beginning on January 1. This will be 21 days free from carbs, dairy products, sugar, fried foods, cooked foods, baked goods and junk foods of any kind. During the 21 days of fasting, our goals as a church are to:
- Draw closer to the Lord as a church body
- Submit ourselves to His will and allow Him to cleanse, renew and fill us with the Holy Spirit
- Pray for salvation for ourselves and others
- Pray for the needs of the church (spiritual growth, evangelism, finances, leadership, etc.)
- Pray for personal needs (marriages, singles, finances, work, etc.)
Daniel Fast Tips
In an effort to assist you with making your fast more successful and blessed, we would like to share a few tips with you:
- Keep your daily caloric intake at or above 1200 calories per day. Depending on size, you may need to keep it higher. Please consult your doctor before going on the fast.
- The raw foods that you may eat include the following: raw--not roasted--nuts (cashews, almonds, peanuts, etc.), healthy oils (olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, peanut oil), avocadoes, naked juices (Bolthouse Farms juices, V-8 non-dairy juices, etc.). Some juices may be high in fruit sugar. If you are diabetic, drinking lots of fruit juice may not be your best option. Once again, consult your doctor.
- If you need something hot to drink, try heating up a cup of apple juice or cider
- Daily pray 3 times/day (9am, 12pm and 3 pm). If you cannot pray at those times, then pick 3 other times to pray (e.g., 6am, 12pm, 6pm). The commitment to prayer can be one of the hardest parts of the fast to keep. It may be good to have 1 or 2 prayer partners. When you pray, pray for at least two other people or causes besides yourself. Always remember to leave time to be quiet before God. Of course, you are also invited to join the 24 hour prayer line, either to make prayer requests/praise reports to the facilitator or pray silently on the phone. The phone number to the prayer line is 805-309-2350, access code 1001844#. Dexter Ravenell is looking for facilitators to help man the line. He can be reached at 240-508-2256 or email@example.com.
- Download the 21 days of fasting 2013 booklet for additional guidance and devotions.
Download the 21 Days of Fasting 2013 Booklet
Click here for juicing recipes